9/27/12

Get the daily


How is everyone doing? I am fantastic, really enjoying this nice cool weather and RAIN. Yep the wet kind. Also, I am pretty sure I saw a tornado the other day on my way home from work, how fitting Tornado Aly spots a... tornado.




But I couldn't tell if it was spinning. And it definitely was not smoke it WAS apart of the cloud mass. 

In other news I'm pretty sure I've gained 8 lbs in the last week with family around see this post about how we eat. Which brings me to my announcement today: I am going to run in a half marathon!! Why you ask? 

Because I can. And I'm a tubby, but that's besides the point.

I am whipping my sorry butt into shape to take care of the body I was given. It's the respectful thing to do given all the people who will never be able to do such a thing. So while I am young wild and free I have a few athletic things I would like to accomplish.

- Run a 10K
- Run a 1/2 Marathon
- Run a Marathon
- Participate in a Triathlon
- Blow your socks off at a cross fit competition!

Think of it as my fitness bucket list. More details on the races to come and an FYI this isn't 100% completely random I have been running a little since Feb 2012, nothing serious just 3 or 4 miles a few times a week. I find it to be a fantastic stress relief. But, it's time to button down the hatch and get on with the gettin on!

I really want to run in the Tulsa Route 66 half in Novemeber but I haven't discussed it with the cattleman. Sooo be vewry vewry twiet I'm hunting a long weekend with a little side of running shoes.

What do you think about running a half marathon?



No comments: